- email the firm
Leo’s practice focuses on dispute resolution and international public law matters. Leo has over fifteen years of experience advising public and private entities on both political and legal issues. He also assisted intergovernmental and international organizations in negotiating international agreements. Leo was an advisor to the European Union in Brussels and its delegation in Washington, D.C.. Leo’s native language is Dutch, and he speaks English and German. He also has a fair knowledge of French.
REPRESENTATIVE LEGAL MATTERS
- Advised the Dutch Government with regards to the opening of its consulate in Erbil.
- Advised an international Swiss hotel chain with regards to its management agreements in the Middle East and Africa.
- Advised Subway, Inc with regards to its commercial matters in Iraq.
- Advised a reputable international company with regards to its operations in Liberia and Egypt.
- Advised the World Bank with regards to some investment and corporate registrations in South Sudan.
- Georgetown University, certificate in language studies and international relations
- University of Leiden - Law, doctoraal
- University of Groningen - Law, propaedeuse