- email the firm
Brian has practiced law for several years with a prestigious law firm in New York. Before joining Newton & Partners, Brian held a senior position with the Department of State. In addition, Brian had previously been appointed as a Visiting Professor of Law at Hong Kong City University School of Law and at the University of Amsterdam Law School. Brian is fluent in English and French. Brian’s focus is mainly on business transactions in Africa.
REPRESENTATIVE LEGAL MATTERS
- Advised the World Bank with regards to investment and business matters in Egypt and Libya.
- Advised the Japan –based leading manufacturer of optics with regards to commercial matters in Iraq and Kurdistan.
- Advised Nissan FZE with regards to commercial agency and distributorship matters in Iraq.
- Advised LG with regards to its operations and business transactions in Kurdistan.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Bar Association
- International Academy of the Belt and Road ( Advisory Board Member)
- New York
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2000
- Georgetown University School of Foreign Service, B.S. Foreign Service – International Economics, 1992