- email the firm
Guigo has more than 30 years of legal experience working with law firms such as Simpson Thacher& Bartlett, (New York), O'Melveny & Myers (Washington, DC), Paul, Hastings, Janofsky& Walker (Los Angeles) and Johnson Stokes & Master (Hong Kong). Mr. Guigo currently works as a consultant and SME, advising foreign and especially Chinese investors on commercial, corporate, economic as well as arbitration matters. Guigo is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.Guigo has authored more than twenty books in relation to Business and International Trade Law.
- New York
- Hong Kong
- International Investment Law, (2nd Edition), Law Press, Beijing, China, 2008.
- International Monetary and Financial Law (3rd Edition), Law Press, Beijing, China, 2007.
- The Law of the WTO: China and the Future of Free Trade, Sweet & Maxwell Asia, 2005.
- International Trade Law, Peking University Press, 2004.
- Wang's Business Law of China (4th Edition), Butterworths, LexisNexis, Singapore, 2003.
- The Law of WTO, Law Press, Beijing, China, 2003.
- International Economic Law, Wide Angle Press, Hong Kong, 1992.
- Sino American Economic Exchanges – The Legal Contributions, Praeger Publishers, New York, 1985.
1. “Survey of China's Economic Contract Law" (in English), Vol. III China Law Reporter No. 4, (1986) 259 - 269, and UCLA Pacific Basin Law Journal Vol. 4, No. 1 & 2 (1986) 14 - 29.
2. “A Comparative Study on Antitrust Laws in USA, EEC and Japan" (in Chinese), International Law Yearbook by China's International Law Society (1987) 123 - 150.
3. “The Origin and Evolution of International Economic Law" (in Chinese), Peking University Journal No. 3 (1988) 34 - 43.
4. “Principles Re the Scope of Application and Interpretation of the Convention on International Sale of Goods" (in Chinese), International Law Yearbook, The Chinese Society of International Law (1989) 239 - 258.
5. “On the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency" (in Chinese), Peking University Journal No. 3 (1989) 69 - 78.
6. “The Banking System of Hong Kong and International Collaboration in Bank Supervision" (in Chinese), Jurist's Review, No. 5 & 6 (1993) 114 - 124.
7. “China's Return to GATT - Legal and Economic Implications" (in English), Journal of World Trade, Vol. 28, No. 3 (1994) 51-65.
8. “Reform of the Chinese Turnover Tax System" (in English), Asia Pacific Law Review, Vol. 3, No. 1 (summer 1994) 84-91.
9. “Economic Integration in Quest of Law: Chinese Experience" (in English), Journal of World Trade, Vol. 29, No. 2(1995) 5-28.
10. “The Banking Law Reforms in China - Difficulties and Prospects" (in English), (co-author with Stephen Foo), World Competition, Vol. 18, No. 4 (1995) 13-53.
11. “A Comparative Study on the Act of State” (in Chinese), Chinese Yearbook of International Law (1995), 95-137. 8
12. “Taxation Law of China" (in English), Taxman, Vol. 84, Part-VI, 10 February 1996, 246-280.
13. “The Unification of the Dispute Resolution System in China - Cultural, Economic and Legal Contributions" (in English), Journal of International Arbitration, Vol. 13, No. 2 (1996) 5-44.
- Titular Member, International Academy of Comparative Law
- Chairman, National Committee (HK) of the International Academy of Comparative Law
- Distinguished Professor of Law, Hunan Normal University, Hunan, China
- Chairman, Hong Kong WTO Research Institute
- Adjudicator, The Immigration Tribunal of Hong Kong (2005-2010) 29
- Member, Telecommunications (Competition Provisions) Appeal Board, Hong Kong ‧Vice
- President, Chinese Society of International Economic Law, China
- Senior Advisor, WTO Shanghai Research Centre of China
- Arbitrator, Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
- Arbitrator, China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC), Beijing, China
- Arbitrator, Panel of Arbitrators of Korean Commercial Arbitration Board
- Arbitrator, Chinese Arbitration Association, Taipei
- Honorary Advisor, Commissioner of Administrative Complaints of Hong Kong
- Advisor, China WTO Tribute, Ministry of Commerce of China
- International Consultant, Asian Development Bank (TA-7835 (PRC):
- Yale Law School, J.S.D.
- Columbia Law School, LL.M.